Saturday, June 14, 2008

There is this thingy with pressing the tap that I don't quite understand...and I believe some parents is in this with me....I feel its over focussed on by some adults that it becomes kind of a milestone. For me as an educator well its not a skill that I put a date on for the kids to meet up with. It does help when the kids are able to do it as they don't require additional help from the teacher or their friends when they wish to wash their hands But most kids are more than happy to press the tap for their friends who needs assistance. But last week, two of the Pre Kindies managed to press their own tap and they were head over heels about it. So I decided to take snap shots of their achievement. Parents of those who can't press the tap don't worry, IT'S NO BIG DEAL! However, I will make sure all the tap heads is changed (from the pressing sort to the easier kind) before my departure from the noisy, lively, active and happy PRE KINDY class.

1 comment:

U said...

I guess these kids feel a sense of joy and pride in mastering such simple task. Its their way of showing to their parents "Look I'm growing up and getting independent"